The Electric Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 102 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:58 pm
Latest topics
» Welcome! Introduce Yourself!
by Connie Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:52 pm

» Favorite Soda
by kimerajamm Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:20 am

» hello
by kimerajamm Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:16 am

» My New Website!
by Officer David Harley Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:35 pm

» Changes Around Here
by Bren Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:47 pm

Pentecostal VS Other Religions

+3
Hannah
Donna Blackbeard
Bren
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pentecostal VS Other Religions - Page 2 Empty Pentecostal VS Other Religions

Post  Bren Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Let's start the debate.
Bren
Bren
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 750
Warnings : Pentecostal VS Other Religions - Page 2 110
Registration date : 2008-09-10

https://tepm.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pentecostal VS Other Religions - Page 2 Empty Re: Pentecostal VS Other Religions

Post  SivartM Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:08 pm

Okay, I wouldn't classify "speaking in tongues" as "works", since technically it's a spiritual gift. The point is, Pentecostals believe that the sign that God uses to show that we are Christians is the gift of "tongues". I believe that's it, if I'm not mistaken. So, saying, "We're saved by faith, not works!" is basically unrelated here.

The problem with the whole tongues thing is that Jesus didn't say, "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you speak in tongues." He said, "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." Christians naturally respond with love to God's grace. The whole of the law is summed up in the commandments, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and strength" and "Love your neighbor as yourself". These are the signs of a true Christian. Also see the Fruits of the Spirit, which are also the signs of the Holy Spirit in a person's life. The Bible clearly says that not everyone will speak in tongues, but every believer should bear the fruits of the spirit. "By their fruits you shall know them". If a person "speaks in tongues" but has not love, their experience means nothing. Ecstatic utterances prove nothing; they could just as easily be the product of human trickery as God's Spirit. The only sure "test" of salvation is whether or not one produces the fruits of the Spirit.

Of course, our works don't save us. But that's a totally different debate anyway, so I'll refrain from starting an off-topic discussion on faith and works. Pentecostal VS Other Religions - Page 2 604259
SivartM
SivartM

Male Number of posts : 52
Warnings : Pentecostal VS Other Religions - Page 2 110
Registration date : 2008-09-24

http://siv-blog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum