The Electric Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 102 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:58 pm
Latest topics
» Welcome! Introduce Yourself!
by Connie Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:52 pm

» Favorite Soda
by kimerajamm Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:20 am

» hello
by kimerajamm Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:16 am

» My New Website!
by Officer David Harley Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:35 pm

» Changes Around Here
by Bren Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:47 pm

When did you become a Christian?

+7
Brian
Storm
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
KODY 105
Hannah
The Sivart
Jellyfish11
11 posters

Go down

When did you become a Christian? Empty When did you become a Christian?

Post  Jellyfish11 Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:14 am

Assuming you are...

I became one when I was only 4. I talked to my Dad and he told me to wait and see if I was sure, I was only 4! But apparently I was persistent, and so he prayed with me. I remember it vividly! (If I were to use words like "vivid", which I tend not to)
Jellyfish11
Jellyfish11

Male Number of posts : 511
Warnings : When did you become a Christian? 110
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

When did you become a Christian? Empty Re: When did you become a Christian?

Post  The Sivart Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:22 am

ya same with me Very Happy
The Sivart
The Sivart

Male Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannah Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:32 am

I became a Christian when I was three. I have to admit, I don't remember it vividly, but I know that it happened.
Hannah
Hannah

Female Number of posts : 698

http://hannahjiejie.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KODY 105 Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:51 pm

I was heading upstairs to goto bed. I was four years old, and my sister was six. She ran past me on the stairs saying, "I'm saved, and you're not!" I was very disturbed by this: my sister had something that I didn't. I ran back downstairs and into the kitchen. I asked my parents what it meant to "be saved." They explained to me that salvation is the repentance from sins and believing that Jesus died on the cross to take the punishment for sins. I did not need to be saved because my sister was saved; I needed to be saved because I had disobeyed God and I was going to Hell- the place of eternal punishment. I prayed with my parents that night, and that was over 10 years ago.

Praise God Gentiles can be saved!
KODY 105
KODY 105

Male Number of posts : 1062
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Abigail Maxwell Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:02 pm

I became a Christian and was baptized 4 days before my 10th birthday. Well, when I became a Christian, is was a little before then, but I'd like to say I became a Christian when I was baptized, fully accepting Christ.
I can still remember the day. I was nervous, jittery, I was baptized by pastor Aiken, my grandparents, mom, dad, and sister where there. Emily, Sara, and Ryan (the Parishes) where there. I just remember being so happy afterwards. I can never forget the look of joy on the Twins' faces. I don't think I could ever forget Emily and Sara being baptized this last winter, and being right up there in the baptistry when they got baptized... It was joyous both times, and I don't think I'll ever regret having become a Christian. God is my Father in Heaven. I can't forsake him.
I know I mess-up in my walk with him, but he's never left me, nor hurt me. There is nothing I can blame him for. Even though I want to, I can't. People may say that blaming him will help me get back to him faster, but that's not my way. I don't want to blame him for anything. He wasn't the one who did the wrong. It was Satan, the puriest of evils. He'll never turn from his ways. But us, citizens of this earth, we can turn from evil ways and become a follower of Christ, which I wanted to be, and am to this day, even though I'm not the best Christian in the world.

Amor, Danielle.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Danielle Abigail Maxwell

Female Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2008-09-10

http://prayforbj.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:49 am

I became a Christian when I was about 3 or 4 I don't exactly remember the date of when I was saved.
Storm
Storm

Male Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:38 pm

Like most here I got saved when I was four or so. I do specifically remember my dad asking me if I wanted to be saved, etc, and praying. I don't know, I can see as Christian parents why they would want to do that but at the same time I didn't necessarily decide on my own that I wanted to... it was just sort of like "Oh hey, Brian, do you want to be saved?" "Well, yeah!" Wink

Okay, not exact quotes, but you probably get what I mean. When I was older I eventually rededicated my faith. Not that it didn't necessarily count the first time, but I don't know, I felt like later I had really made the decision myself instead of just sort of going along with what my parents said because in that phase of my life I more or less would take their word for anything. I definitely appreciate my Christian upbringing and my parents influence, but at the same time, later in life I appreciated my salvation a lot more because I was old enough and had seen enough in life to have a better understanding of the world and a lot more of what it really meant than I did when I was four.
Brian
Brian

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post  JesusIsAlive Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Ditto to what Brian said.

In short, I became saved around the age of 3 or 4, but I don't recall it all that vividly. I rededicated my life to Christ a little over a year ago and my faith means more to me now than ever.
JesusIsAlive
JesusIsAlive

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannah Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:26 pm

As I thought about it, I think that I had a sort of impromptu rededication of my faith when I was around 9 or ten. It was just a realization of what it really meant to me, though not something official or planned.
Hannah
Hannah

Female Number of posts : 698

http://hannahjiejie.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DolphinLover Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:33 pm

I know I'm not supposed to post on really old threads, but I don't see the point in starting a whole new one on this topic.

When I was 8 yrs. old I went to VBS with my family. At the end of the week, the pastor asked all the people who had been saved over the week to stand up. I was sort of half sitting half standing and my mother thought I had stood up to say that I'd been saved. Not wanting to disappoint my mother, I went through all the actions and was baptized.
However, about 8 months later I was in our hotel room (where we were living at the time) and an overwhelming sense of guilt came over me. I told my mom that I'd been lying and that I wasn't really a Christian. She and I had a long talk about this and what it meant to be saved.
This is the story of my Salvation.
DolphinLover
DolphinLover

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Bren Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:00 pm

As long as you have something to contribute to the topic you can post in it.
Bren
Bren
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2008-09-10

https://tepm.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Robyn Jacobs Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:33 am

I will be celebrating my spiritual birthday on June 11th. I will have been a Christian for 24 years. I grew up in a Christian home, and heard about being a Christian at church all the time. I was outside playing in the yard with my Dad, and I asked him what it meant to be a Christian. He sat down with me in the front yard and got his Bible walking me through what it meant. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior that day. I was baptized several years later,and God continues teaching me more about Him each day!
Robyn Jacobs
Robyn Jacobs

Female Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down